Rain gutters are so important to every homeowner for doing everything from protecting the home’s foundation and siding to reducing the risk of flooding and erosion. Though gutters may appear to be relatively simple, the reality is that investing in quality gutters will pay off for years. The last thing you want to do on the weekends is clean out your gutters, so making a quality investment now will pay off in the future with reduced labor and headache.
If you’re looking for the best types of gutters in Long Island, NY, look no further than Long Island LeafGuard Gutter Company. Read on to learn more about each type of gutter and find out what’s best for your home.
Types of gutters
There are three main gutter types:
- Half-round gutters: These are open, trough-like shaped gutters popular on homes built prior to 1960. They are liable to become clogged with leaves and other debris, making leaf guards necessary.
- K-style gutters: These look like the letter K when viewed from the side and have been a popular choice for the last 50 years. They can be nailed directly to the fascia board and typically come with a decorative front that looks like a crown molding. They carry more water than their half-round counterparts, but they can be hard to clean.
- Custom-built fascia gutters: Made out of one stretch of aluminum, these have a beautiful look. They also avoid gaps, as they aren’t sold in sections. These need to be installed by professionals and can be quite a bit more expensive, but many homeowners swear by the results, in terms of both style and function.
Gutters may also be made out of a variety of materials. Here are some of the most common:
- Wood: In the past, this was a popular option, but rot and wear and tear take their toll fast. While they have a nice historic look, other options are more functional and durable.
- Vinyl: This is an inexpensive choice that’s great for DIY enthusiasts. That’s because it’s easy to cut and snaps together with no problem. However, cracking and fading are problems with vinyl gutters.
- Steel: This is a very strong material that stands up to all kinds of weather. On the other hand, it’s heavy, difficult to install and liable to rust.
- Aluminum: This is the most popular option for all kinds of gutters. It’s weatherproof, lasts for a long time and is easy to install. This is why Long Island LeafGuard Gutter Company’s products always use aluminum—our gutters can handle 32 inches of rain per hour!
The LeafGuard difference
At Long Island LeafGuard Gutter Company, our one-piece gutter is a great solution. Seamless gutters are innovatively designed and connect directly to your fascia board, replacing your existing gutter system entirely. This allows water to flow down your roof across a specially designed hood that forces rainwater into the gutters while deflecting debris—this effectively eliminates clogged gutters for good!
If you want to know more about LeafGuard’s gutter installation in Long Island, NY, give us a call today. Our team has more than three decades of experience offering incredible service and products at low prices. Give us a call right now to learn more!